Chandler Dog Bite Attorney
Dogs have very powerful jaws, and it is not uncommon for dog bite victims to sustain severe injuries. Unfortunately, dog bite injury victims in and around Chandler, Arizona, often struggle to secure the compensation they need for their losses. At Torgenson Law, our skilled and knowledgeable team is standing by to help when you need a Chandler dog bite injury lawyer by your side. We understand what it takes to secure maximum compensation for our clients.
Why Choose Torgenson Law?
- At Torgenson Law, you are gaining an advocate with experience handling complex dog bite cases throughout Arizona.
- Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of dog bite injury victims.
- We take Chandler dog bite injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
How Common Are Dog Bites?
Unfortunately, dog bite injuries are not uncommon in and around Chandler. When we look at data provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we can see that there are approximately 800,000 dog bite injuries that require medical attention every year in this country. The CDC also says that around 2,400 total dog bite incidents occur every day in the US.
Unfortunately, children make up around 50% of all dog bite injury cases, and children who are injured due to dog bites require hospitalization more often than adult bite victims.
Unfortunately, dog bites can cause severe injuries, including:
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Severed arteries, veins, muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
- Finger amputations
- Broken hands and fingers
Strict Liability Dog Bite Laws
Arizona operates under a strict liability dog bite law. This means that a dog bite victim can recover compensation for their injuries and other losses even if the dog has never been anybody before or has never shown a tendency to be aggressive. This is different from how the law operates in other states where there often has to be at least one dog bite on record in order for the dog owner to be held accountable for their dog’s actions.
What If The Owner Was Negligent?
Dog bite injury victims in Arizona may be entitled to additional compensation from an insurance settlement or through a jury verdict in the form of punitive damages from the dog owner. If it can be shown that a dog owner knew or reasonably should have known that a dog would behave aggressively, including them having knowledge of the dog previously attacking people or pets, the dog owner may have to pay additional compensation to the victim.
If you or a loved one have sustained a dog bite injury but are struggling to secure full compensation for your losses, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Torgenson Law, our dedicated team is ready to stand up for your rights and help secure compensation for your injuries and other losses. This can include:
- Full coverage of medical bills caused by the dog bite
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Physical pain and suffering and emotional distress damages
- Compensation for scarring or disfigurement
- Coverage of any surgery or physical therapy needed
- Loss of quality of life damage is
Torgenson Law is ready to be your advocate and fight for your rights throughout your injury case. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 602-600-0492.