Tucson Dog Bite Attorney
Dog bites and dog attacks can cause fear, emotional distress, and significant injuries that can completely alter a person’s life. At Torgenson Law, our team deeply cares about securing compensation for dog bite injury victims. Our Tucson dog bite injury lawyers have extensive experience investigating these cases, determining liability, and helping victims secure full compensation for their losses.
Why Turn to Torgenson Law?
- Our team deeply cares about how dog bite injuries affect our clients, and we go above and beyond to ensure full and fair results for survivors.
- Our team has spent well over a decade establishing a reputation for hard work, determination, and top case results for injury victims in Arizona.
- We take Tucson dog bite injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
Common Dog Bite Injuries in Arizona
Dogs have incredibly powerful jaws that can inflict serious or life-threatening injuries on a victim. At Torgenson Law, our attorneys regularly help clients in Tucson who have sustained the following injuries in a dog bite case:
- Severe puncture wounds or lacerations
- Significant blood loss
- Finger amputations
- Broken or crushed bones
- Physical disfigurement or scarring
- Emotional trauma
- Severed veins, arteries, tendons, or muscles
According to data available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we can see that there are around 800,000 dog bite injury victims that seek medical care each year across the country. Unfortunately, more than half of all dog bite injuries occur to children.
Strict Liability in Arizona Dog Bite Claims
Arizona operates under a “strict liability” dog bite law. This means that any person bitten by a dog will be able to recover compensation even if the dog in question has never bitten anybody before or shown a propensity to be aggressive. So long as the dog owner was in a public place or lawfully in a private place, and as long as they did not provoke the dog, they should be able to recover compensation from the dog’s owner.
Those seeking compensation through Arizona’s strict liability law need to file their claim within one year from the incident occurring.
What if a Dog Owner is Negligent?
In the event a dog owner’s negligence contributed to the incident, the victim may be able to recover additional types of compensation for their losses. This may be appropriate if the dog owner knew that their pet had a history of aggression towards people or pets or if they willfully violated leash laws in Tucson. In these cases, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against the dog owner, and these claims need to be filed with the court within two years from the incident occurring.
Types of Compensation Available
Dog bite injury victims in Tucson, Arizona, will likely be able to recover various types of compensation for their claim. At Torgenson Law, our attorneys are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the dog bite
- Compensation for any surgeries or physical therapy needed
- Lost income if a victim cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
When you need a Tucson dog bite injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 602-600-0492.