Tempe Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bite incidents are often terrifying and can result in severe injuries for victims. Unfortunately, dog bite accidents are not uncommon in Tempe, Arizona. At Torgenson Law, our dedicated and experienced team is standing by to help if you or a loved one need a Tempe dog bite lawyer by your side. We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into the case and help ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Why trust Torgenson Law with this case?
- The team at Torgenson Law has spent years standing up to aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties to help dog bite injury victims secure compensation.
- We will not stop our efforts until after we believe we have achieved the compensation our clients deserve, and we are not afraid to take cases to court if necessary.
- We do not charge any upfront fees to our clients for dog bite injury representation in Tempe. Our clients only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
Common Dog Bite Injuries in Tempe
Dog bite injuries are often severe. Dogs have incredibly powerful jaws that can inflict significant injuries on victims. At Torgenson Law, our team has a track record of success helping clients who have sustained the following:
- Severe puncture wounds or lacerations
- Severed muscles, arteries, veins, tendons, or ligaments
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
- Significant blood loss
- Crushed or broken bones
- Emotional and psychological trauma
Data available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows that around 800,000 people seek medical care each year in this country due to dog bite incidents. Unfortunately, more than 50% of all dog bite victims are children.
Strict Liability in Arizona Dog Bite Claims
The state of Arizona operates under a “strict liability” law regarding dog bites. Unlike other states, a dog’s owner need not be found negligent in order for them to be held liable for the incident. A dog bite victim can recover compensation as long as the incident occurred in a public place or when they were lawfully in a private location and as long as they did not provoke the dog.
If the negligent actions of a dog owner did contribute to the incident (leash law violations or allowing an aggressive dog to be around people), then the victim may be able to recover additional compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Time Limit to File a Claim
Claims filed under Arizona’s “strict liability” law need to be filed within one year from the date the injury occurred. However, if a victim is pursuing compensation through a personal injury lawsuit due to the dog owner’s negligence, these cases must be filed in civil court within two years from the day the injury occurred.
What Kind of Compensation is Available?
Dog bite injury victims in Tempe, Arizona, may be entitled to various types of compensation for their losses. The team at Torgenson Law is regularly able to help victims recover the following:
- Full coverage of medical bills related to the dog bite incident
- Any lost income if the victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Compensation for any physical therapy or surgeries needed
The total amount of compensation awarded will vary depending on the facts related to each particular situation. When you need a Tempe dog bite injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 602-600-0492.