Mesa Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bite injuries are often severe and can require extensive medical care. Unfortunately, dog bite victims in Mesa, Arizona, often struggle to secure the compensation they are entitled to. At Torgenson Law, our dedicated team has extensive experience helping clients recover the compensation they need after a dog bite incident.
Our Mesa dog bite injury lawyers have a track record of success in proving liability for these cases and ensuring that our clients are on the path to recovery.
Turn to Torgenson Law for Help Today
- Our team of Arizona dog bite lawyers have extensive experience helping dog bite injury victims throughout Arizona, and we are not afraid to take these cases to trial if necessary.
- We have the resources necessary to thoroughly investigate every dog bite injury case in order to help secure maximum compensation for clients.
- We take Mesa dog bite injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Common Dog Bite Injuries in Mesa, Arizona
Studies show that approximately 800,000 dog bite injury victims need to seek medical care each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Unfortunately, more than 50% of all dog bite injury victims are children.
Regardless of the age of a dog bite victim, injuries in these cases are often severe. It is not uncommon for our attorneys to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Puncture wounds
- Bruising and contusions
- Significant blood loss
- Physical disfigurement
- Permanent scarring
- Broken or crushed bones
- Significant emotional and psychological trauma
Strict Liability in Arizona Dog Bite Claims
The state of Arizona operates under what is called a “strict liability” law concerning dog bites. This means that it is not necessary for a dog owner’s negligence to have caused the incident in order for them to be responsible. Dog bite injury victims can recover compensation even if the dog has never bitten anybody before or shown a propensity for aggression. As long as the victim was in a public place or lawfully in a private place and did not provoke the dog, they will be able to recover compensation.
Additionally, dog bite injury victims in Mesa may be able to secure punitive damages in cases where the dog owner’s negligence did contribute to the incident, though it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover these additional damages.
Time Frame for Filing a Claim
Dog bite injury victims seeking compensation through the strict liability law need to file their claim within a year after the dog bite occurred. However, if a dog bite injury victim is seeking compensation for their injuries caused by the dog owner’s negligence, they need to file their claim within two years from the date the incident occurred.
How Much Compensation is Available?
There is no set amount of money available to dog bite injury victims in the aftermath of the incident. The total amount of compensation awarded will vary depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding each particular situation. At Torgenson Law, our team is regularly able to help clients recover the following types of compensation:
- Complete coverage of dog bite injury-related medical bills
- Lost incoming the victim cannot work
- Coverage of any reconstructive surgeries
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
When you need a Mesa dog bite injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 602-600-0492.