Scottsdale Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bite injuries are often severe, and they can result in significant infections as well as permanent scarring and disfigurement. At Torgenson Law, our team is standing by to help if you or a loved one need a Scottsdale dog bite injury lawyer. Our team has the resources necessary to conduct a thorough investigation into the incident, prove liability for what happened, and help obtain maximum compensation for our dog bite injury clients.
Trust Torgenson Law with Your Dog Bite Case
- At Torgenson Law, we have spent years aggressively standing up to major insurance carriers on behalf of injured dog bite victims.
- Our team will not stop until we believe we have obtained fair and full compensation for our clients.
- We take Scottsdale dog bite cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any attorney fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
Strict Liability in Arizona Dog Bite Claims
In some states around the country, a dog owner can only be held liable for bite injuries if their negligence somehow caused the incident or if their dog has bitten somebody before. However, that is not the case in Arizona. In this state, we operate under a “strict liability” law concerning dog bites.
This means that a victim can recover compensation if they are bitten while they are in a public place or lawfully in a private place, so long as they did not provoke the dog.
What if the Owner is Negligent?
In general, a dog bite victim is entitled to compensation regardless of whether or not the owner was negligent. However, victims may be entitled to additional types of compensation, including punitive damages, if it can be proven that the owner’s negligence contributed to the incident.
This could include a violation of Scottsdale leash laws or allowing an aggressive dog to be around other people or pets. In these cases, the dog bite victim may be entitled to additional compensation through an insurance settlement or through a personal injury lawsuit filed against the dog owner.
Most Common Dog Bite Injuries
Unfortunately, dog bite injuries are often severe. At Torgenson Law, our attorneys have experience helping clients who have sustained the following:
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Severed veins and arteries
- Severed muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Crushed or broken bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Significant emotional and psychological trauma
Approximately 800,000 dog bite injury victims need to seek medical care each year in the United States, according to data available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Compensation Available for a Dog Bite
Dog bite injury victims in Scottsdale, Arizona, may be entitled to various types of compensation for their losses. The team at Torgenson Law is regularly able to help clients recover the following types of compensation in these situations:
- Complete coverage of medical bills caused by the bite
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Coverage of any scar reduction surgeries with therapies
If you need a Scottsdale dog bite injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 602-600-0492.